Write for Us
Hi there! Thanks for your interest in writing guest posts for GermanShepherd101.
GermanShepherd101 is an online resource guide for first-time GSD owners or anyone who is interested in learning more about raising GSDs.
We’re looking for people with good knowledge of raising German Shepherds to share their experience, but it’s okay if you’re just a passionate dog lover.
Why write for us?
By sharing your knowledge and experience about German Shepherd Dogs, not only are you spreading the love for GSDs, but you can also help other GSD owners better understand their options and make the best decisions for their beloved German Shepherds.
A short author bio, headshot (optional), and any links to your LinkedIn or Twitter account you’d like linked to will also be included in your article.
And the post will also be promoted on our social media and/or email list.
What topics are we looking for?
We are currently looking for topics that are specific to German Shepherds, including but not limited to:
- Experience sharing as a GSD owners (indoor or outdoor activities, game ideas, choosing and visiting a vet, etc.)
- Adopting a GSD from rescues or shelters (experience sharing)
- Raising a German Shepherd puppy, sharing your experience of the first month/first year
- Personal stories as German Shepherd owners
- Discussions on dog psychology, or dog relationship with human
- Product review/comparison or user experience sharing on:
- Dog products (e.g. dog food, supplements, toys, snacks, etc)
- Online dog training courses
- Pet insurance for GSD
- Home insurance for GSD owners
- DIY food and treat recipes (with pictures)
- Teaching/training your children to behave properly with dogs
- Activities you can do with your GSDs
- Any specific topic related to the GSD breed
However, if you find something people have written about, you could use a different angle or perspective to approach the topic.
For example, if someone has written a review on a pet insurance coverage, you can make it more specific to GSD owners or share your own experience in dealing with the carrier, be it the application process, their customer support, or the claim process.
What we won’t accept
We will only publish articles that are unique and have not been published anywhere else, including but not limited to the internet. We do plagiarism checks to ensure its originality. If we find your article or any part has already appeared anywhere else, we will not publish it on our website.
There are some things that won’t be accepted:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before
- Anything that may be created for a link-building purpose
- Anything that overly promotes your business, company, or organization
- Anything that’s misleading or inaccurate
You shall not republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, social media, or anywhere else after your submission is published on our website.
GermanShepherd101 reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content to fits into our reader’s perspective, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
GermanShepherd101 reserves the right to include calls-to-action to the content, including but not limited to affiliate links, email newsletters, infographics, videos, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
GermanShepherd101 reserves the right to use guest blog author’s likeness across our content, including but not limited to GermanShepherd’s email newsletter and social media channels.
- Your article should be between 1,000 – 2,000 words.
- It should include a heading (format with H1) and well-structured subheadings (format with H2) and bulleted point lists whenever necessary to make your article easy to read on a mobile device.
- Paragraphs should be no more than three sentences long.
- Write in the first-person point of view with a conversational tone
- When including images or screenshots, cite the image source as: “Image source” and hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on.
- Include an author bio (no more than 30 words), a headshot (optional), and any links to your Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter accounts you’d like linked to.
Check out some of our posts as examples below:
How to submit your article?
Send your completed article in a Google doc (please share link) to [email protected]
Pitching an article does not guarantee acceptance. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks after submission, it will be considered as an unsuccessful pitch.
If your article is accepted, we will respond to let you know your article will be published.
Good luck and hope to hearing from you soon!