German Shepherd Puppy Training for Beginners – PART 2: Potty Training
Potty training should start right after a puppy comes home. The early she learns, the less accident will happen in the house. A puppy will usually need at least 1-2 months to be fully potty trained. Some may even take longer.
Here’s a short video from Monkoodog that sets you up for successful potty training.
I have summarized the 5 key steps below for your quick reference:
5 steps to potty train your puppy:
- Fix their feeding schedule
- Take them out – after a meal, first thing in the morning, before bedtime, and once every 30 minutes to 1 hour in the first month.
- Take them to the same spot every time
- Stay with them – stand still in the spot and don’t confuse your puppy that its playtime.
- Reward them each time they poop outside